top of page

VA Loans 201 Next Step, Docs

What’s a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?

To be eligible for a VA-guaranteed home loan you must have suitable credit, sufficient income, and a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The home must be for your own personal occupancy. The eligibility requirements to obtain a COE are listed below for Servicemembers and Veterans, spouses, and other eligible beneficiaries.

How to get your COE:

To obtain a COE, veterans and other potential borrowers have to fill out a Request for a Certificate of Eligibility, also known as Form 26-1880, and submit it to the VA along with a copy of a DD 214. Many Can also use the VA’s eBenefits portal online.Click here to be redirected to your eBenefits

How to Get a Replacement DD 214

How can you get a new DD 214 if yours was lost or destroyed?

•The National Archives holds military personnel records of military veterans. Veterans (WWI to Present) and their next-of-kin are able to request free copies of the DD 214 from the National Archives.

There are two methods for requesting a copy of a DD 214:

•You can make a request online using the National Archives’ eVetRecs System.

•You can mail or fax a request using the Standard Form 180 (SF 180).

Don't have your docs yet? No problem, you don’t need your COE in hand to start the VA loan process. You can talk with a lender and start working toward preapproval before you’ve officially obtained a Certificate of Eligibility. Find out how here 727-821-5518


Featured Posts
Check back soon
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page